Tuesday, September 11, 2012

What helps you think?

I need a quiet place to think. I've always done my best thinking with a partner. Bouncing ideas back and forth always seems to inspire me to think "outside the box"  but I have been more introspective lately. Recently I have found it harder to find time to hear myself think let alone have a full fledged conversation with someone other than one of the kids and the topics rarely go deeper than who stole whos matchbox car ( seriously - you have 100's of them. Who cares whos is whos!)
My husband is of course always willing to listen to whatever I have to say for as long as I feel like talking about it but occasionally I start to feel bad for him - the glassy eyes and repetitive "uh-huhs" are generally a pretty good indication that i'm not quite as fascinating as i'd like to think I am.
 My mother is another attentive audience and i'll admit, my favorite, but alas even she must occasionally hang up the phone... I tell you- between the time difference ( she lives in Arizona) and all of those whiny college student wanting her attention it really puts a cramp in my day!
I've decided to do what so many others have done- blog it. The topics will vary from day to day but there will be a general theme... my adventures and at times misadventures as a wife to a man who is a wonderful husband and father ( and yet, alas, still a man) and  a mother to 5 and 3/4 wacky and beautiful that drive me bonkers ( not that i'd change a single thing) children whos antics will, i'm sure, feature prominently.  Woven into and around it all will be my experiences on my journey to becoming the woman, the wife, the mother that God has designed me to be. I hope you'll join me.

* I'd love to read your blog also so leave a comment with your url or follow me so I can see you and i'll follow you too.

~ "So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing."
  1 Thessalonians 5:11

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your title! I am the same way. I'll call my mom... Oh, she is at work! Scott gets the same uh huh thing after a while too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:) I think I forget sometimes that he may not be quite as enthusiastic as I am about the same things as me, being a guy and all :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to reading it- I really enjoy your jewelry designs. Very creative :) And thanks for the advice- I am sure once i'm back to my normal activities i'll have less time to spend on the computer which will probably limit my posts some.

      Delete